International Silver Sponsor Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams
International Platinum Sponsor The Shade Store
Come together to inspire, educate and connect Interior Design professionals.
Friday February 16, 2018 10:30 am – 3:30 pm
Color Trend 2018 The Importance of Red presented by Juan Carlos Rosas
Associate Member AIA, Architectural and Design Representative Benjamin Moore & Co.
For centuries color has been essential to the work by artists, designers and architects for its expressive qualities. The color red has played a significant role, making it a timeless hue that is as relevant today and into the future as it was in prehistoric times or the Renaissance. As a key color for 2018, we can better understand the symbolism and vitality of this color by understanding its past and why this color is a true mainstay in the artist, designer or architect’s palette. This course surveys examples of the great importance of the color red through history, architecture, art history and design, while illustrating how red can be brought into the home today.
IDCEC approved .1 CEU. (1-hour)
VERY IMPORTANT TO RECEIVE A CERTIFICATE, CANDIDATES MUST REGISTER AT THIS LINK: http://signin.aecdaily.com/register/GIH8681 IF YOU DO NOT SIGN UP, YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A CERTIFICATE!!!
- Juan Carlos Rosas works closely with architects and interior designers as a brand ambassador in the areas of color leadership and design, including product knowledge and specifications.
- He has an Architectural degree from the University of Miami. Formerly Head of Design for one of the largest architectural and engineering firms in Miami, earning seven highly prestigious awards for excellence in design from the American Institute of Architects.
Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams, Their Brand and Their Story
Joining us will be Andrew Terrat, Director of Design and Trade Development for Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams who will be flying in from corporate just to share the inspiring story behind this awesome company.
- Preview the Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams new Spring Collection
- Gain insights into why MGBW has been so successful.
- Learn about their exclusive Designer Trade Program and how MGBW works to deliver an elevated experience to their Interior Design clients.
Design Directions and Trends presented by Susan Slotkis
Interior Designer, Educator, Author and CEU-approved Speaker.
IDCEC approved .1 CEU. (1-hour)
Directions are movements, often far-reaching. Trends often are short-lived. Forecasting for design professionals becomes even more important in today’s DIY culture. Factors influencing design and consumption patterns are highlighted. Overarching trends are presented through compelling imagery and insightful commentary.
For IDCEC credit attendees must bring their IDCEC registration number.
- Susan Slotkis teaches courses on various topics of design, and business practices to a wide audience of future designers, current practitioners and lay persons. She is an adjunct at both FIT and NYU in NYC.
- Her book Foundations of Interior Design, in it’s 3rd edition, is used by college students and design professionals, here and abroad. As an industry expert she publishes her own monthly newsletter, Design for the Rest of Us, and remains an active member of IFDA and ASID.
IFDA Members $20 Non Members $35 IFDA Student Members Free All other Students $5
Tickets must be purchased by February 13 in order to reserve your seat.
No refunds after Feb 13. Space is limited.
10:30 Sign in at Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams, 3800 N. Miami Ave., Miami FL 33127 (Complimentary Parking) 786-609-9920
11-12 CEU Color Trends 2018 The Importance of Red with Juan Carlos Rosas
12:00 Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams. Their Brand and Their Story with Andrew Terrat
12:30 Buffet lunch provided by Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams
1:30 Sign in at The Shade Store, 135 NE 40th St., Miami, FL 33127
1:45 – 2:45 CEU Design Directions and Trends with Susan Slotkis
3:00 Dessert, Cocktails, Conversation and Connections
Looking forward to an inspiring day in The Design District!
Date(s): 02/16/2018 - 10:30 am - 3:30 pm
Reservations are closed for this event.
3800 N. Miami Avenue